Wednesday, September 07, 2005

There's something about...

I think that Steve Wozniak is awesome. Steve Jobs is also pretty cool, and I've got a lot of respect for him, even though he is a freaky pescetarian slightly crazy peacenik who wears a lot of black mock turtles and took over the company in a coup d'etat. (Not that I have a problem with mock turtles.) Plus he can make me cry watching keynotes. Not to mention the fact that he happens to also head up my other favorite company, Pixar. The fact that apple was founded by two guys named steve is cool to me like my grandparents both having the same birthday is cool to me.

However, if I had to choose one person at Apple to build a shrine to, it would probably have to be Jonathan Ive. Sorry, Woz.

(interesting tidbit from wikipedia: "Jobs worked at Apple for several years with an annual salary of $1, and this earned him a listing in Guinness World Records as the "Lowest Paid Chief Executive Officer". At the 2001 keynote speech of Macworld Expo in San Francisco, the company dropped the "interim" from his title. His current salary at Apple officially remains $1 per year, although he has traditionally been the recipient of a number of lucrative "executive gifts" from the board, including a $90 million jet in 1999, and just under 30 million shares of restricted stock in 2000-2002.")

1 Comments:

Blogger Sassafrassy said...

why thank you :)

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home