Sunday, July 17, 2005

Oh

Gabi gave me a book for graduation which I'm really excited to read. It's called "What Should I Do With My Life?" by Po Bronson, and what's funny is that in Bewitched (which I saw this afternoon) she reads this book. :) But anyway, I was flipping through it, and I found this passage, which really struck me:

(From an interview with a girl who had spent the past 16+ years training to be a doctor like her father, then during her internship had a breakdown, discovered she belonged somewhere else, and felt it had all been a waste.)
"Well, if the purpose of life is to be as great a doctor as your father, then you might have stalled. But if the purpose of life is to be true to yourself, when you walked out of that hospital, you passed your first big test."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home