Saturday, October 15, 2005

Will someone come play tennis with me?

This morning in the pool I was making a noise while I was swimming (I forget why) and it reminded me of times when I'd cry during practice for one reason or another, usually because I'd be having a bad day and Lynch would be extra mean to me or something. Crying while you're swimming is actually ideal, since your face is already wet and no one can hear you, nor can they see your face being all contorted. Usually you can get it all out before you get out of the pool and it'll barely be noticeable. It does hamper your speed, form, and breathing, though.

I also remembered how I used to sing lyrics in my head to make swimming back and forth for 2 hours seem less monotonous. Not whole songs, usually just a few bars or so, and it had to be a song with a strong beat and an appropriate tempo that I could stroke to.

...man, that stuff was boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home